Journey of the Rhode Runner welcomes everybody’s favorite real food dietitian, Serena Marie R.D!
Serena is running an awesome boot camp for runners, called Eat Like an Athlete, which starts up on August 13, 2019.
This program includes:
– Meal plans – yes there are also vegetarian, gluten free, and dairy free options
– Week 1 is a general nutrition week, which includes understanding the labels. This will come in useful whether you are a runner or not.
– Weeks 2-3 include pre and mid workout nutrition and hydration
– Week 4 includes post workout and intuitive eating
– The program consists of weekly group calls, guides, a Facebook community, as well as access to Serena for nutritional questions
To sign up, you can visit https://www.serenamarierd.com/eatlikeanathlete
And if you listen to the podcast episode, you will get a code you can use at checkout, and save $30
In this episode, we talk about Paul’s upcoming races:
September 1 – Finish for a Guinness
October 6 – The Ocean Road 10k (Paul’s first ever 10k)
And of course, we talk about the Tunnel to Towers 5k.
You can join the team or donate through Team Rhode Runner. If you would like to join us in the race, you can select Register, choose the Group option, and search for “Team Rhode Runner”.
At the moment, The Adult with a timed chip is $70. Without the chip, it is $60. And a child under 14 is only $10.
Also, if you are on Facebook, please feel free to go to the ‘Team Rhode Runner Tunnel to Towers 5k Run & Walk in NYC’ Event page, and click on the ‘Going’ button so that you will get updates. If enough people are going where we can rent a bus, I will let you know. And I will also look for accommodations.
Also, I would like to mention that you don’t need to run/walk to go on this trip. You can go to cheer on Team Rhode Runner, and enjoy the incredible festivities. You can also bring family members.